Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Storm

I am a small ship on the sea of life,
Battered and wrecked am I;
Tossed to and fro on the angry waves,
As hail beats down from the sky.

My sails are torn and I drift along,
Defenseless against the storm;
Terror sets in as fog settles 'round,
I long for some land to take form.

My strength is gone and weak I am,
I long for the morning to see;
Instead my eyes are blinded with tears,
As I struggle from the storm to be free.

The thunder crashes and lightening strikes,
Not much more I can take;
The darkness is thick and my way lost,
Oh, tomorrow I'll never make.

But wait...I feel a hand take mine,
And my ship ceases to toss;
"I'll never leave you" a loving voice says,
"Your way no more is lost".

A Captain that knows the way is here,
He has sailed this sea before;
He steers through the blustering storm,
Straight for that distant Shore.

I no longer despair despite the storm,
For I am safe in this Captains care;
I give Him control of my little ship,
And He gives peace beyond compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment